Thank You
Monday, April 28, 2008
“Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints! For the Lord preserves the faithful.”
Psalm 31:23 NKJV
Max talks about saying thank you to all those who carry out the work of our God- all of his saints- teachers, pastors, missionaries, etc. The list goes on and on because we all have a job to do. The one message we get from Jesus throughout his time on earth was to be "fishers of men". We are all disciples. We have been called to serve him in many different capacities. I am so thankful to so many people in my life for what they've done for me, the help they have provided for me in my walk with God but it's not enough for me to simply say thank you and continue on with my life. I also have a job to do. Sometimes when I sit and think about this I start to get ancy...I want to get out and do something. Studying sociology has stirred this up even more. K.P. Yohannan said some pretty powerful things in his book about how the developing world doesn't need social programs, they don't need people telling them how to improve their health care and their education system. They need people to tell them about God. The problems of the developing world are not social problems, they are not having God in their lives problems. K.P. is from India where evidence of this is so clear and simple. The majority of Indians believe in a religion that tells them people that their great ancestors, if they were pure and holy would reincarnate to the body of a cow. People go hungry, going with less than one meal per day and they are giving what little food they do have to cows. Good point from a man of God. That being said, I'm not sure my gift is evengalizing the way K.P has but I know there are many different ways to evanggelize. They will know we are Christians by our love. There are so many projects I want to be a part of and I think through these projects, God will give me the opportunity to evengelize and tell others about Him. I can't wait to get started!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment