Friday, April 11, 2008

Made in His Image

Max keeps it so simple, says it so well.  I'm not sure I really have much to add.  We can look at so many aspects of his creation an see how creative he was.  To say that this world was created because of a big bang, to me, is abserd.  So many things in creation are made so perfectly- like they were hand crafted- that to me it's not even a remote possibility.  We are so far from really ever understanding what God is and how powerful he really is but if we take a step back and think about how much he really did in those seven days, it can be almost overwhelming.  I remember one scene in the movie "Adaptation" where they show how perfectly certain flowers are a perfect match for another specific insect.  Such a simple thing like a flower and then look at our bodies, our lives...there are so many things about ourselves that we are so far from fully understanding...He really is amazing!
"And then, as finale to a brilliant performance, he made man. With his typical creative flair, he began with a useless mound of dirt and ended up with an invaluable species called a human."  I read this statement from Max and I wonder what God had in mind for us when he created us and how much have we fallen short from the expectations he had on that first day when he created us from nothing.  So many inventors throughout history are given so much respect, we aspire to be like them...can I say the same for God?  How much of my thought is devoted to trying to follow in his footsteps after everything he has done for me?  It's the least we can do, afterall he invented us!!!

No comments: