Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I the LORD do not change.
Malachi 3:6
It's so true and it's something I ask people about all the time.  Here in Brazil, Alan Kardec has a strong following.  Alan Kardec is the founder of Spiritism.  Anyway, any of my students ask me how it is possible for me not to believe in the teachings of Alan Kardec or others that have come accross a new theory about how the world may have begun, of course disproving the Bible and the creation theory.  But why are they looking for something?  Why is it somehow easier for people to buy into an idea created by Allan Kardec less than 200 years ago than it is to believe in God and his word that he provided for us?  The Bible is considered by many to be the oldest book in the world yet people are constantly trying to disprove it in favour of something new and modern.  God doesn't change.  He hasn't changed and he won't change.  His grace is never ending, it won't run out.  We can disagree on different points in the Bible but the bottom line for me is that the Bible provides us with an excellent guideline for how we should live our life, regardless of how you want to interpret different passages.  If this simply isn't enough, there are also so many prophecies in the Bible that give us evidence.  Yet people seem bent on the idea that the Bible cannot possibly be true.  Why?  I don't know.  What I do know is that these words: "I the LORD do not change" are so good to hear.  It's so good to know that even when everything in my life seems to be going crazy, God is my center and he won't change.  What he said thousands of years ago, he is still saying today.  Maybe it's human nature- we're always looking for something new and improved.  But in the end as it was in the beginning,  He is there for us and will continue to be.  "Now return to me, and I will return to you".

No comments: