Tuesday, June 24, 2008
“I was without clothes, and you gave me something to wear.”
Matthew 25:36
So much can be said without saying a word...the old cliche "actions speak louder than words" still carries so much truth to it. Max gave the example of Mary:
"The baby Jesus, still wet from the womb, was cold and chilled. So this mother did what any mother would do; she did what love does: She covered him." Max also quotes from Matthew when Jesus says in chapter 25, I was without clothes and you gave me something to wear. We are presented with so many opportunities everyday to show our love for Jesus. In a world where we are surrounded by information, so many people telling us so many different things, I think maybe the best form of evangelism is through our actions. So many non-believers look at Christians or people of the church as hypocrites- looking down at them from their hight horse. By not saying anything and just acting out of complete love for Jesus, we can accomplish so much! The difficult part is to do this in all situations. Sometimes it's easy but other times, we would like nothing more than to turn our backs, pretend we didn't see or just tell ourselves we've done all we can. There are situations in my own life where I've simply given up on the person, telling myself it's up to them now, I've said my peice. To an extent this is true, for a person to come to God, it is up to them and God but I need to stick with them. I don't need to be constantly telling them what they need to do but I can support them and show them God's love through my own actions...perseverence is something that doesn't come easy otherwise the definition of the word simply wouldn't make sense.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment